Monday, May 2, 2011

Wife leaves man who married 15 others

A WOMAN claimed that her husband might have married up to 15 other women, each in different states, reported Metro Ahad.

After finding out she was actually the fifth wife, Ms Zairina Abdullah, 34, decided to end their two-year marriage and help the other women involved with the man.

'I was contacted by a woman who claimed to be the fourth wife, and I confronted my husband. I later spoke to my in-laws who confirmed their son had brought different women home each time he got married.

'They had never given their blessing to any other marriage other than his first,' said Ms Zairina, who only knew her husband for four months before agreeing to marry him in Thailand. The report stated that she managed to contact four wives, two in Selangor and one each in Johor and Perlis, but was unable to trace the others.

'I used to frequently follow him to see four different bomoh to curse his fourth wife. That was another reason I decided to leave him,' added Ms Zairina. Ms Zairina, a divorcee with two children, said she had an early miscarriage due to constant mental and physical abuse she suffered at the hands of the man, who also abused his fourth wife Nisa Abdullah, 27.

'I was often tortured and he also made daily threats to divorce and called me a whore,' said Ms Nisa, who got married when she was still a university student. We had two children together but their births could not be registered because my husband had submitted forged identity documents when we got married.'

Source: ST Online/THE STAR/ANN

No comments:

Post a Comment